Increased functionality of Paramarine V8
18 June 2013: Maritime’s Paramarine software, one of the world’s fastest growing ship design tools, has released its latest version of software including a number of important new capabilities. The new functionality in Paramarine V8, developed by QinetiQ GRC, is intended to further meet the needs of commercial ship designers and builders, whilst reinforcing its capabilities in the naval market.
A major addition in the latest version of Paramarine is the introduction of probabilistic damage modelling and assessment, a requirement for all passenger and cargo vessels. Coupled with its innate parametric functionality and a flexible reporting system, Paramarine aims to deliver a comprehensive set of visually interactive and intuitive analysis tools allowing the user to rapidly examine the results and focus efforts for improving the design, ultimately saving both time and money.
The new version also comes with enhancements to its Emergency Response functionality providing a number of assessment tools for free-floating or grounded vessels. The functionality allows the user to understand the current situation and predict the future developments of the incident as time elapses, enabling investigation of the effects of tide cycle, pumping and flooding of tanks and spaces, and the movement of solid weights.
The latest version (V8) delivers:
- SOLAS 2009 probabilistic damage assessment
- enhanced and improved reporting, generating faster reports and providing a greater degree of report customisation
- improved ship structure definition allowing greater detail and speed in analysis
- upgraded emergency response capabilities, enabling Paramarine to carry out multipoint, sandbank or shelf grounding assessments and modelling
- enhanced stability assessment for new, refitted or substantially modified ships
“Over the last 24 months we have seen a very rapid growth across the world in the number organisations using the extensive functionality offered by Paramarine. We are committed to continually enhancing and improving the software’s capabilities as demonstrated by this announcement and the addition of some new powerful capabilities in V8,” said Vittorio Vagliani, Managing Director, QinetiQ GRC.
Since Paramarine’s last major software release in 2011 the number of global users of Paramarine has increased by over 60%. Sourced from both the commercial and defence markets, new customers include, amongst others, Rolls Royce, the Brazilian Navy, Larsen & Toubro (India), RMK Marine ( Turkey) , Öswag ( Austria) and a number of design and manufacturing companies involved in the development of support vessels for the rapidly growing renewables industry.
Notes for Editors
- Paramarine has over 500 worldwide users and thousands of vessels have been modelled and analysed using the software. It is the only leading integrated design and analysis software product capable of dealing with the complexities of both surface and underwater vessel design. Paramarine is used by some of the world’s leading shipbuilders and designers, governments and academic institutions.
- A FTSE250 company, QinetiQ uses its domain knowledge to provide technical support and know-how to customers in the global aerospace, defence and security markets. QinetiQ's unique position enables it to be a trusted partner to government organisations, predominantly in the UK and the US, including defence departments, intelligence services and security agencies.
- Follow us on twitter @QinetiQ
- Visit QinetiQ, stand number S3-550, at DSEi at ExCeL in London between 10th – 13th September 2013. The world’s leading defence and security event.
- Visit our blog at www.QinetiQ-blogs.com/QinetiQ
For further information, please contact
QinetiQ Press Office on Tel: +44 (0) 1252 39 3500