Portsmouth, UK 13 August 2013 - QinetiQ GRC’S Paramarine ship and submersible design software, one of the world’s fastest growing ship design tools, has been selected by Republic of Korea’s Agency for Defense Development (ADD) for submarine concept design.
The ADD was established in 1970 as the corner stone for the goal of making Korea self-reliant in terms of defence. Today the ADD holds core technology development capabilities for a wide range of advanced weapon systems and has established itself as a world class agency for defence science and technology development.
“We selected Paramarine because of its proven track record and extensive use by submarine designers and builders around the world in the design of submarines. Of particular interest to us is not only its powerful early design capabilities but also the support services that QinetiQ GRC can offer us in terms of training and naval architecture design,” commented Dr Shin, Principal Researcher, ADD.
“Paramarine has established itself as the world’s leading naval architecture software tool for the design of submarines. Six of the world’s top ten submarine builders use its powerful capabilities. The selection by Republic of Korea’s Agency for Defense Development is further testament to its powerful and proven capabilities,” said Vittorio Vagliani, Managing Director, QinetiQ GRC.
Paramarine is based on 20 years’ experience in marine design and has a wealth of submarine specific analyses in one integrated product. Confidence in its capabilities comes from the independent validation of results and that it is approved for use by the UK MoD. The recent launch of the latest version of Paramarine (V8) has further extended the software’s functionality with the introduction of probabilistic damage modelling and assessment, as well as enhancements to its emergency response, reporting, and stability assessment capabilities.
Notes for Editors:
- Paramarine has over 500 worldwide users and thousands of vessels have been modelled and analysed using the software. It is the only leading integrated design and analysis software products capable of dealing with the complexities of both surface and underwater vessel design. Paramarine is used by some of the world’s leading shipbuilders and designers, governments and academic institutions. It is been deployed by many of the world’s leading submarine builders including BAE Systems and DCNS.
- A FTSE250 company, QinetiQ uses its domain knowledge to provide technical support and know-how to customers in the global aerospace, defence and security markets. QinetiQ's unique position enables it to be a trusted partner to government organisations, predominantly in the UK and the US, including defence departments, intelligence services and security agencies.
- Follow us on twitter @QinetiQ
- Visit our blog at www.QinetiQ-blogs.com/QinetiQ
- Visit QinetiQ, stand number S3-550, at DSEi at ExCeL in London between 10th – 13th September 2013. The world’s leading defence and security event. For more information visit www.dsei.qinetiq.com
For further information, please contact
QinetiQ Press Office on Tel: +44 (0) 1252 39 3500