Team Ocelot vehicle courtesy Force Protection Europe
Our LAST™ Armour is a unique armour system for use on aircraft and ground vehicles. It’s lightweight, rapidly deployable, field installable and battle proven.
LAST Armour can be tailored to defeat specific threats, including small arms fire, heavy machine gun Armour Piercing rounds, 30mm automatic cannon fire and improvised explosive devices.
A major feature that differentiates LAST Armour from conventional armour solutions is its unique high-strength hook-and-loop fastening system. Benefits are:
- LAST Armour can be installed in the field by the crew without the need for cutting, welding, drilling or other specialised equipment
- It is applicable to both soft-skinned and armoured platforms which require upgraded protection
- Modular kits can be readily moved between platforms and can typically be transferred within one hour
- The modular design allows straightforward repair of battle damage
- The hook-and-loop technology minimises the need for metallic fixings that could contribute to the spall threat
LAST Armour is applicable to a wide range of ground vehicles and fixed and rotary wing aircraft. Using the LAST fixing technique we provide the armour spall liners for the Foxhound light protected patrol vehicles being supplied to the UK MOD and the Ocelot being supplied to Australia by Force Protection Europe.