The QinetiQ Q20 High Dynamics GPS Receiver Module is a high performance and ultra-compact GPS unit that provides state of the art high dynamics tracking capability. Its applications are:
- Onboard real time GPS positioning
- Acquisition and tracking under very high accelerations with extremely fast Time To First Fix (TTFF)
- High accuracy differential positioning capable in real time or for post mission analysis
- Qualified for a full range of munitions
The Q20 HD can be used on its own, in navigation mode, where it gives full GPS functionality and can acquire and track under 25g accelerations. It can also be used as part of a full hybrid GPS system when combined with the Q20 HD Ground Segment Processor (GSP).
- In hybrid mode, obtains fixes in typically 1.5 seconds from cold and supports acquisition and tracking up to 50g
- Offers a variety of form factors
- Supports the Missile Application Condensed Message (MACM) format and the latest military test and evaluation and range safety applications
- Meets the requirements of the US Department of Defense Joint Advanced Missile Integration (JAMI) programme
The Q20 HD also offers an ultra-compact C/A code GPS solution for munitions applications where it can bring the potential for guidance and tracking in low cost/high volume applications – it has been successfully fired on board shells and mortars, surviving over 20,000g launch shocks.
Click here for more on GPS