Helping the Police identify friendly assets
Leveraging our world-leading expertise in Signature Control Materials, we have produced a range of technologies that allow airborne surveillance units to identify emergency services vehicles 24hrs a day in all weathers.
When viewed at night using thermal infrared imaging equipment, police cars with conventional roof markings are indistinguishable from civilian vehicles. Mirage™ H is a thermal vehicle marking film that reflects the apparent temperature of the sky back to an observing air support unit allowing the crew to easily identify “friendly vehicles” from target or neutral vehicles. This allows timely direction of ground assets that may mean the difference between success and failure during a high tempo operation.
Mirage™ H is recommended for use on all UK Police vehicles by the Home Office Scientific Development Branch (Thermal Roof Markings for Police Vehicles (Vehicle Roof Markings Update), HOSDB Publication Number 43/04).
- 24/7 all weather operation
- Highly visible with both medium and long wave thermal infrared imagers
- Improved operational tempo and effectiveness
- Improved situational awareness
- Fewer resources required to successfully prosecute the operation
- Compatible with conventional roof marking materials and application techniques
- No power or vehicle modifications required
- Available in a range of colours